The Australian BMX Museum has a number of significant items in its collection. We regularly receive items that are either loaned or donated. These items include:
- Print: Magazines, Newspapers, BMX Publications, Race Programs
- Number Plates
- Clothing including helmets, gloves, jerseys and race pants
- Videos (VHS, Betamax, DV, Hi8, 8mm, DVD etc)
- Stickers and promotional material including posters
- A description/list of the object(s)
- Photographs of the object(s)
- A summary of the history or significance of the object(s), such as who used it, and when
- The name and contact details of the current legal owner of the object(s)
- The current location of the object(s).
For all loaned items we require an Inward Loan Agreement to be filled out and signed before we can take possession of items.
We are particularly interested in any Australian BMX Publications which we scan to provide a valuable historical resource. If you have any publications you would like to donate or loan we can arrange for shipping costs to be covered.
All videos sent to the Australian BMX Museum are captured using high quality equipment, in a visually lossless format. These high quality archives are then encoded and shared on our YouTube channel. We currently have around 20TB of archived video footage.